Tuesday 17 January 2012

KLF - The White Room (Album) 1991 eurodance 90's classic dance anthems




-
The KLF (also known as The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, The Timelords and other names) were one of the seminal bands of the British acid house movement during the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Beginning in 1987, Bill Drummond (alias King Boy D) and Jimmy Cauty (alias Rockman Rock) released hip hop-inspired and sample-heavy records as The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, and on one occasion (the British number one hit single "Doctorin' the Tardis")
as The Timelords.

The abbreviation of the band has long been a mystery; however in a interview in Wired 2010 Bill revealed it to stand for "Kentucky Liberation Front", meant as a satire of the United States as the band saw it at the time.

The KLF released a series of international top-ten hits on their own KLF Communications record label, and became the biggest-selling singles act in the world for 1991

The duo also published a book, The Manual,
and worked on a road movie called The White Room.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you! I have been missing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I think I need your help with identifying one great disco track. I remember it from my childhood, it was on one of our cassettes. Finally today I found that tape. I needed it to get the lyrics from that track to recognize artist and track actual name. But there was not much help of it. I've been searching for hours for that song in the internet but no results. In the meantime I also found your page. Thought that maybe you can help me.
    Basicly the lyrics keep repeating all the time: "me me me you, you and me" (female voice). Then in the mid part comes low male vocal smth like "dancing on the disco, you dance with me". I'm not sure about that part because the quality of the tape is really bad. The tempo is around 125-130 bpm (2-beat). Still, to make it easier to you, i'd better rip the track to mp3 and send it to you. What do you think?
    Thanks,
    Riho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIHO - The song is Labionda - One for you, one for me


      *John

      Delete
  3. Thanks guy! I love KLF =)


    *John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow man, this site is amazing! From your posts I gather that you are like me from South Africa? If so, you do not want to miss the Jacquelines tribute parties!
    http://goo.gl/mLRMo
    http://goo.gl/xlPf4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great website. My ex was an on-call doctor and treated Tammy Wynette one night in a hotel for a stomach ache, shortly after "Justified and Ancient" came out. I asked him to ask her what KLF stood for and what 'Make mine a "99"' meant from the song. She didn't know the answer to the first question but she said that the reference to "99" was the number of the ice cream cone the person wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The KLF WERE NOT A DISCO BAND!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoying the files? Please leave some comments :)